Operation of IP Data Networks
- Recognize the purpose and functions of various network devices such as Routers, Switches, Bridges and Hubs.
- Select the components required to meet a given network specification.
- Identify common applications and their impact on the networkn Describe the purpose and basic operation of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP models.
- Identify the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect Cisco network devices to other network devices and hosts in a LAN
LAN Switching Technologies
- Determine the technology and media access control method for Ethernet networks
- Identify basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches.
- Configure and verify initial switch configuration including remote access management.
- Verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities such as ping, telnet and ssh.
- Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the need for routing between them.
- Configure and verify trunking on Cisco switchesnConfigure and verify VLANs
- Auto negotiation
IP addressing (IPv4 / IPv6)
- Describe the operation and necessity of using private and public IP addresses for IPv4 addressing.
- Identify the appropriate IPv6 addressing scheme to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Identify the appropriate IPv4 addressing scheme using VLSM and summarization to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4 such as dual stackn Describe IPv6 addresses.
IP Routing Technologies
- Describe basic routing concepts.
- Configure and verify utilizing the CLI to set basic Router configuration.
- Configure and verify operation status of an ethernet interface.
- Verify router configuration and network connectivity.
- Configure and verify routing configuration for a static or default route given specific routing requirements.
- Configure and verify OSPF (single area)nDifferentiate methods of routing and routing protocols
- Configure SVI interfaces.nConfigure and verify inter VLAN routing (Router on a stick)
- Configure and verify DHCP (IOS Router)
- Describe the types, features, and applications of ACLs
- Standard Sequence numbers
- Editing Extended Named Numbered Log option
- Configure and verify ACLs in a network environment Named Numbered Log option.
- Identify the basic operation of NAT
- 1 to 1
- Source addressing
- One way NAT
- Configure and verify NAT for given network requirements
- Configure and verify NTP as a client.
Network Device Security
- Configure and verify network device security features such as:
- Device password security
- Enable secret vs enable
- Disable telnet
- Physical security
- Service password
- Describe external authentication methods
- Configure and verify Switch Port Security features such as:
- Sticky MAC
- MAC address limitation
- Static / dynamic
- Violation modes
- Err disable
- Protect restrict
- Shutdown unused ports
- Err disable recovery
- Assign unused ports to an unused VLAN
- Setting native VLAN to other than VLAN 1
- Configure and verify ACLs to filter network traffic
- Configure and verify an ACLs to limit telnet and SSH access to the router
- Identify and correct common network problems
- Utilize netflow data
- Troubleshoot and Resolve Spanning Tree operation issues root switch priority mode is correct port states.
- Troubleshoot and Resolve routing issues routing is enabled,routing table is correct,correct path selection
- Troubleshoot and Resolve OSPF problems
- Neighbor Adjacencies
- Hello and Dead timers
- OSPF area
- Interface MTUn Network types
- Neighbor states
- OSPF topology database
- Troubleshoot and Resolve EIGRP problems
- neighbor adjancies
- AS number
- Load balancing
- Split horizonn Troubleshoot and Resolve interVLAN routing problems
- Monitor NetFlow statisticsnTroubleshoot and Resolve WAN implementation issues
- Troubleshoot etherchannel problems
- Identify different WAN Technologies
- Configure and verify a basic WAN serial connection
- Configure and verify a PPP connection between Cisco routersn Configure and verify Frame Relay on Cisco routers and Implement and troubleshoot PPPoE.